On March 31st, HID Global® will announce the availability of its all-in-one printing and lamination direct-to-card printer, the DTC5500LMX, and its new high definition card printer, the HDP5600 - both of which comprise HID’s new Professional Select Series of printers. These printers represent the latest in ID card printing technology.
- Lower Cost Per Card. PolyGuard™ LMX wasteless laminates are manufactured with 1000 patches per roll - enabling lower cost per patch as well as minimizing consumable re-filling.
- Ease of Encoding. Wide array of contact, contactless and magnetic encoders available for seamless in-line encoding of smart card credentials.
- Save Time, Save Energy. HID Global’s iON™ technology brings the laminator to optimal operating temperature in under 45 seconds, as compared to the three-plus minutes required by competitive systems. This is up to an 80% saving in time as well as reducing energy consumption.
- Rugged Enclosure. Robust housing ensures continuous production of quality ID badges and smartcards - even in the harshest printing conditions, such as arid or dusty environments - protecting your investment long into the future.
- Dual-side Lamination Standard. Unlike other printer / laminators available on the market today, dual-side lamination with one material comes standard for users that may want a full clear patch on one or both sides, for example. A two-material option is also available for cards requiring unique laminates on each side - such as with a custom holographic patch on the front side of a card - with a half patch protecting the back side that leaves a magstripe unencumbered for use.
- Built in Security. Optional locking hoppers and consumable doors provide maximum security for printing of highly-secure IDs.
- High Resolution Printing. The HDP5600 features a high resolution 600 dpi option for printing vibrant images, crisp barcodes and small, complex characters. A standard 300 dpi model is also available.
- Competitive Feature Set. The HDP5600 offers an array of differentiators not available with other HDP printers on the market:
- 600 dpi availability for both single-side and dual-side printing
- Half-panel ribbons (for a lower cost-per-card option)
- High Durable HDP Film
- Optional dual input hopper capability
- Backward-Compatible Ribbons and HDP Films. To ensure a smooth transition, the new HDP5600 ribbons and HDP films are backward compatible to the HDP5000. More information is available within the HDP5600 Launch Kit.
- Enhanced Memory. Provides all the same features, functions and options currently available for the HDP5000 but with added 64 MB memory, allowing for increased resolution without sacrificing print throughput speeds.